Braces & Orthodontics for Children
Although orthodontics are generally not recommended for children, there may be some preventative measures to begin the correction of further problems at an earlier age. Most children start getting permanent teeth by the age of 7. If your regular dentist begins to notice some misaligned teeth early, they can recommend children orthodontics as early as possible to prevent additional problems, and improve the health of your child’s teeth.
There are some signs that may indicate the need of children orthodontic intervention including:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty when chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Thumb sucking
- Finger sucking
- Crowding, misplaced, or blocked out teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sound
- Biting the cheek or roof of the mouth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
The AAO recommends that children receive an orthodontic examination by the age of 7 to check for potential orthodontic issues in order to begin treatment at the appropriate time.
Call Broadbent Orthodontics today for more information about orthodontics for children, or to schedule an appointment for your child.
In North Ogden at: (801) 782-4762
We look forward to seeing you!